Nyumba is a technology platform owned Nyumba LLC, LLC ("Nyumba LLC"). The rental advertisements and related services accessed on Nyumba or through its
tools, applications or services ("Nyumba") are procured and provided by Nyumba LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
· Personal and contact information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and social security number;
· Demographic information such as location, gender, age, marital status, occupation, the type of device through which you access the Website and/or App, and other personal and lifestyle information;
· Financial information such as debit card or bank account numbers and Mobile Money;additional information we may ask you to send or questions we may ask you to answer to verify your identity (such as your driver's license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address) information contained in "eMail Notes and Photos" submissions;
· Logs, contact information and other information about the communications between the past, present or potential renters ("Renters") and the past, present or potential lessors ("Lessors") using our or our affiliated companies' communications tools (see Section 5. Communications and Communication Tools; Property Contact Forms below);
· guest card and Renter Card information that you provide;
· Lease terms, lease parties and other transactional information;
· Information automatically collected by cookies and web beacons on your computer (for more information about this, please see Cookies, Web Beacons and Your Privacy); and
· Information based on your interactions with Nyumba or the Other Sites and their advertising, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within Nyumba or Other Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
· We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
· provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to the Nyumba services, reminders and transactions.
· resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
· customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve Nyumba's services.
· send you relevant residential real estate related listings via email, phone, text messaging or push notification on your phone (provided you have not opted out of such communications).
· deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (If we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of such uses; see below under Section 5. Communications and Communications Tools; Email Preferences and Section 6. Cookies.)
· make payments to third parties through the Website or the App, should you choose to do so.
· compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
· measure consumer interest in our products and services.
· summarize your information (including personal information) that you provided to us or our affiliates.
· help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
· enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies, and send you notices and alerts.
· provide services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
· prepare aggregated data, including for general marketing and analytical purposes.
Other third parties whose services you agree to use (e.g., online rent payment services), with regard to whom you have expressed interest or initiated communication through Property Contact Forms (See Section 5 Communications and Communications Tools), and with whom you have authorized us to share your personal information. (The information we disclose in this way will be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.)
Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, telecommunication and call monitoring services, rewards programs, co-branded credit cards, etc.).
If you become a registered user, you can opt out of sharing your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com
We reserve the right to use in any manner and disclose any non-personal information that we collect including cookie and traffic data. Logs, recordings, and other information related to communication between you and third parties in connection with the services and/or other uses and purposes mentioned herein may be stored, maintained and/or divulged to those third parties by us on an individual basis or in the aggregate. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
5. Communications and Communication Tools.
Nyumba communicates with users, and facilitates communications between users, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
Property Contact Form. We make tools available that facilitate communications between Renters and Lessors by phone or email. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, like email addresses, contact logs, calling number, call duration, contents of the email communication, and (when notified during the call) call recordings. We may share this information with Lessors so they can manage their communications with Renters, and we will use this information to enforce our rights to collect fees payable by Lessors.
Send-to-a-Friend. If you use our Send-to-a-Friend or other email tools, we do not permanently store the email address you give us or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Email preferences. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us after setting up an account. To remove your contact information from Nyumba lists and newsletters, simply edit your email preferences.
Email Notes and Photos. If you use our Email Notes and Photos to a Friend tool, your notes and/or photos will be displayed for your friend on Nyumba and treated like other personal information you have provided. If your posting contains personal information, post only personal information for which you have authorization.
We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of Nyumba. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your personalized home page and to deliver customized services, content, and advertising. We use session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of Nyumba or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of the Website. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
7. Third Parties.
Nyumba has links to other websites that may collect personal information about you. Nyumba is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
8. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
9. Account Protection.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Nyumba password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Nyumba and change your password.
Your information (other than credit card information) is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from Nyumba. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
The Website and the App are intended solely for use by persons 13 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Website, App or other services, or contribute any information to us.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Attn: General Counsel
14030 Cerise Ave
Hawthorne, CA 90250